2012/08/10

Did you ever fall for a scam???

I think most of you got similar SMS before and maybe more than one. I got one couple days ago. Can't believe someone would still fall for that now. As a manner of fact, one of my friend did fall for one of these kind of scams two years ago. I don't remember the details. But he deposited like 4 or 5 thousand dollars to their account. And he was a student of Melbourne University!!!! 

Speaking of scams.....Recently, I fell in love with a online shopping website called Vitacost. You can get $10 coupon once your friend refer you to register. And if you refer to another friend, you and your friend both get $10. And if the order is under 3lbs, you only need to pay $3 delivery fee. So I placed like more than 10 orders which most orders didn't exceed $10. 

However couple days ago, one of my friend found out that about 2-3 years ago, Vitacost was involved with online scams. I was a bit scared and then I googled it. I fould that Vitacost was indeed involved with some scams for illegal credit card charges and misleading investors with their sale. Fortunately, it's all passed. I checked resellerratings.com which the article mentioned , past 6-month rating is 9.41 out of 10 instead of 3.5 out of 10 in year 2010 when the scams happened. I don't know what Vitacost went through to achieve today's success, but it's not easy for sure. What we can learn is, customers will always know if you are a good business, NEVER CHEAT ON CUSTOMERS!!!!!!!

Actually, my credit card from CBA was stolen, so did my friends'. I lost $300 and my friend lost $2000. Luckly, all the money were reimbursed to us but there was a lesson. DO NOT use your credit card on small or unknown website. Use Paypal as long as you can!!!!! I cancelled my CBA credit card and jump into ANZ's embrace.

Do you have any experience on this? Share with me =)

No comments:

Post a Comment